Edward Earl Reavely served on the U.S.S. Tampa. At about 8:45 p.m. while escorting a convoy from Gibraltar to England, the vessel was either torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine (possibly V-53) or lost from some other cause possibly internal explosion in the English Channel. 131 Men on board lost their lives. Ensign Reavely is memorialized at the Tablets of the Missing at Brookwood American Cemetery, Brookwood, England and Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia. He entered the service from Illinois.
- Rank: Ensign
- Date of birth: 6 November 1896
- Date of death: 26 September 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Sale Creek
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Tampa
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brookwood American Cemetery, Brookwood, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar I, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edward E. Reavely
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.