Sergeant First Class Earnest Lon Lowe was born on March 5, 1940, and was originally from Caryville, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in C Company, 5th Battalion, 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division. He was a ten-year veteran of the Army when his tour in Vietnam began on March 7, 1968. On October 15, 1968, SFC Lowe was killed under hostile conditions by an explosive device in Thua Thien province, South Vietnam; he was 28 years old at the time of his death. SFC Lowe is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 41W, Line 64.
Son of Lonnie Lowe and Martha Jordon. Husband of Jewel Dean Owens and father of Deborah Ann Lowe.
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of birth: 5 March 1940
- Date of death: 15 October 1968
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Caryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Silver Star, Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Campbell County Memorial Gardens, La Follette, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earnest L. Lowe