Earl William Elsea
Born 15 September 1906, Sale Creek, Hamilton, Tennessee
Son of Samuel Pink Elsea and Martha Alice Smith
Siblings were Sister Nancy L., Brothers Claude S. and Samuel H.
He enlisted on the 16th of November 1942 at Fort Oglethorp Georgia.
Private First Class Earl W. Elsea, US Army, was assigned to the 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. In November of 1944, the Division was engaged in heavy fighting in the Battle of the Hürtgen Forest in Belgium.
PFC Elsea was killed in action 23 November 1944. He is interred at A,10,12, Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium.
Awards include Silver Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 September 1906
- Date of death: 23 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Hurtgen Forest
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl W. Elsea
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.