Earl S. Yount was the son of Bill and Katie Yount. Earl S. Yount was from Treadway, Tennessee.
Prior to enrolling in the military, he worked as a farmhand. He enlisted on May 20, 1941 in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. He was a private in the Army. He was in the 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. Earl Yount was wounded during the Normandy Invasion on June 6, 1944 and died from these wounds on June 7, 1944. His body was buried in Cambridge, England in the Cambridge American Cemetery.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 December 1918
- Date of death: 7 June 1944
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Treadway
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of Normandy
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl S. Yount
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.