Earl Roach was born 21 June 1919, son of John Roach of LaFollette. He had been in service since August, 1942 and overseas since July, 1944. He was killed in action in Germany.
Pfc Roach is buried at Pond Cemetery, LaFollette, TN
Clinton Courier News, Oct. 28, 1948
The body of Pfc. Earl Roach arrived in LaFollette Wednesday afternoon. Pfc. Roach was killed in action April 4, 1945 in Holland. He is survived by his parents; Mr. and Mrs. John Roach of LaFollette and one sister, Mrs. James McCullah of Clinton. Interment will be in Pond Cemetery with Military services at the grave.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 June 1919
- Date of death: 4 April 1945
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: LaFollette
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 279th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pond Cemetery, LaFollette, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl Roach
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.