Earl Price Matney was born 16 January 1893 in Tulsa, Oklahoma to Green Wilson Matney and Elizabeth C. Donnelly.
He was wounded on the left side of his face in the line of duty on the 6th of October and died on 2 November 1918 at Chaumont, France of broncho pneumonia.
Pvt Matney was initially buried at Grave #412, plot 1 at the American Cemetery at Chaumont. He is buried at Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, Carter County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 January 1893
- Date of death: 2 November 1918
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 305th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl P. Matney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.