Sergeant Lewis was a member of Company I, 3rd Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. On October 23, 1951, he was killed from fragment wounds from a grenade that was thrown into a fire and exploded near Satae, North Korea.
Earl Lewis also served in WWII.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 3 September 1927
- Date of death: 23 October 1951
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Highland Cemetery, Elizabethton, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl Lewis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.