Enlisted – 25 Apr 1941, Ft McPherson, Atlanta, GA
Buried in Oliver Springs Cemetery, Roane, TN
Died Disease, Non-Battle
The Knoxville Journal, July 24, 1943
Oliver Springs, July 23 – The body of Pvt. Earl H. Edwards of Oliver Springs, who was accidentally shot in a restaurant near Jacksonville, Fla., Monday, has been removed to Sharp’s Funeral Home here. Private Edwards was returning to Eglin Field, Fla., where he was stationed, after attending the funeral of his father here. He stopped in the restaurant and an unidentified woman fired a gun killing him instantly. The circumstances of the shooting were not revealed. Private Edwards is survived by two brothers, Alvin, U.S. Air Corps, and Leonard Edwards and his mother.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 May 1921
- Date of death: 19 July 1943
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Oliver Springs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oliver Springs Cemetery, Kelley Town, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl H. Edwards
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.