Earl Eldridge Seals was born in Tazewell on 14 January 1926 to William Henry Seals and Lula Green. Both his parents died when he was young and lived with his grandparents, George Washington and Jane Greene.
Private First Class Seals was a member of the 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
The Knoxville Journal, February 9, 1952
Pfc. Earl E. Seals, 26, was killed in Korea Nov. 15, 1941. The body arrived in Middlesboro, Ky., Friday and was removed to the home of his grandmother, Mrs. Jane Greene, Tazewell. Survivors: Mrs. Edith Hodge, Dayton, O.; Miss Clarine Seals, Tazewell; grandmothers, Mrs. Jane Greene of Tazewell and Mrs. Viola Seals of Thorn Hill; six aunts; one uncle. He was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church, Tazewell.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 January 1926
- Date of death: 15 November 1951
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.