Earl Edgar Landreth was born on 2 June 1912 at Dayton, Tennessee to Levi Vansen Landreth and Sarah Elizabeth Graves. He was the husband of Louise K. Landreth.
He was Killed in Action in Italy on 17 October 1944
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 591
362nd Infantry Regiment
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 5 November 1944
Listed killed in action was Pvt. Earl E. Landreth, son of Mrs. Elizabeth Landreth, Route 5, North Chattanooga. Pvt. Landreth was killed in Italy Oct. 17, the War Department informed his wife, who is a resident of Newport, Ky., and is now visiting in Chattanooga. A native of Chattanooga, Pvt. Landreth was educated in the public schools here and had been in the army approximately 11 months. He went overseas last June. He is survived by his wife, his mother, one brother, James Landreth, Chattanooga; two sister, Mrs. Nellie Johnson, Detroit, Mich., and Mrs. B.F. Crumly, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 June 1912
- Date of death: 17 October 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 362nd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl E. Landreth
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.