Earl C. Sanders was born In Knoxville 5 July 1895, Tennessee, son of William Sanders and Nancy Eaton. Private Sanders was assigned to the 117th infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division, AEF. He was slightly wounded on 10 September 1918 and killed in action on 9 October 1918 at the age of 24. He is interred at A,30,1 Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 July 1895
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 117th infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl C. Sanders
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.