Earl C. McCoy was the son of Frank Virgil McCoy and Minnie Lee Hawkins. He enlisted on July 25, 1940, in Fort Benning, GA. He was four years in service and fought in the battles of North Africa and Sicily before going to France where he was killed in action on June 23, 1944.
Submitted by sister, Helen M. Bell
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 January 1924
- Date of death: 23 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roseberry Cemetery, Mascot, Knox County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Sharon McCoy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.