Dayton, Ohio, Jan. 31 – Officials at Wright Field today announced the names of the army fliers killed in the crash of a two-motored cargo plane 31 miles south of Elkins, W.Va., late Saturday. Those killed were Capt. Earl A. Powers, 34, Onley, Va., pilot and First Lt. John B. Bowen, 27, Prairie Creek, Ind.
- Rank: Captain
- Date of birth: 20 March 1908
- Date of death: 29 January 1944
- County: McMinn
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, McMinn County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl A. Powers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.