Private First Class Dwight E. Harvey #34913143 US Army was assigned to the 62nd Armored Infantry Battalion of the 14th Armored Division. In March of 1945 the Battalion had just come off a rest period and went on the offensive crossing the Moder River and cracking through the Siegfried Line and captured Gemersheim on the Rhine River by the end of March.
PFC Harvey was killed in action on 23rd of March 1945. His awards included the Purple Heart.
Dwight E. Harvey is memorialized at the cemetery next to the George Jones Memorial Baptist Church in the Wheat Community. He is buried at the Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold, France, E, 23, 29.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 23 March 1945
- County: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 62nd Armored Infantry Battalion, 14th Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dwight E. Harvey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.