Dual F. Dishner
Born 14 November 1922
Died 27 August 1944, Northern France
Son of Martin Wilburn Dishner and Nannie Mae Dinsmore
Buried at the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, Jefferson County, Kentucky
The Kingsport Times 13 July 1945
The Bronze Star given Dishner Mother
Richmond, Va. Mrs. Nannie M. Dishner of Route 3, Gate City, is to receive the Bronze Star Medal awarded posthumously to her son, Private Dual F. Dishner, it was announced by Brigadier General Don E. Scott, commanding general, Virginia District, Third Service Command.
Private Dishner was killed in action while serving with the Third Infantry Division in the Battle of Northern France.
The official War Department citation commends Private Dishner, “For meritorious service in actual combat from August 15 to August 27, 1944.”
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 November 1922
- Date of death: 27 August 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, Jefferson County, Kentucky
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dual F. Dishner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.