Private Douglas W. Burnett was assigned to the 178th Field Artillery Regiment. The regiment was supporting the II Army Corps in the North African Campaign. He died on 29 March 1943 and was initially buried at Gafsa Cemetery in Gafsa, Tunisia and was reburied at the North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia, A,5,9.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 29 March 1943
- County: Cumberland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 178th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Douglas W. Burnett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.