Dillard Lee Kerley
Born 8 May 1916
Killed in Action, 20 Nov 1943, during operations against Imperial Japanese Forces on Betio Islet, Tarawa Atoll, British Gilbert Islands.
8th Marines, 2nd Battalion, Company F
Pvt Kerley is buried at Laurel Fork Cemetery, Boone, Watauga County, North Carolina.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 May 1916
- Date of death: 20 November 1943
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 8th Marines, 2nd Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Presidential Unit Citation, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal-1 star, World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Laurel Fork Cemetery, Boone, Watauga County, North Carolina
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Sponsored by: David M. Kerley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.