Corporal Campbell was a member of the 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, September 2, 1951
Cpl. Dewitt Campbell, 18, killed in action Sept. 28, 1950, in Korea. The remains will arrive in Chattanooga at the home of his father East of Jasper, Tenn. Cpl. Campbell served 18 months in the U.S. Army with Company B, Second Engineering Division. He is survived by his father, Dewitt Campbell Sr., and his mother, Mrs. Ollie Campbell of Jasper; five sister, Mrs. Loice Dover, Rossville, Ga., and Misses Billie Jo, Alma Ruth, Wanda Sue and Minnie Louise Campbell, all of Jasper, and four brothers, Louin, Charles, Terry Dawn and Johnnie Lee, also of Jasper.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 22 June 1931
- Date of death: 28 September 1950
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Jasper
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Havron Chapel Cemetery, Jasper, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dewitt Campbell Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.