2nd Lieutenant Dewey E. Crowe, US Army Air Forces, was assigned to the 54th Fighter Squadron, The Aleutian Tigers, 343rd Fighter Group. On 4 September 1942 the 54th arrived at Adak, Alaska. On Monday 14 September 1942, the group was flying its first heavy bomber fighter strike against Kiska Island. 2nd Lt Crowe was flying a P-38. During the attack his P-38 collided head on with another P-38 during a dogfight with a Japanese aircraft.
He is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing, Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii. He has a memorial stone in Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 1 February 1918
- Date of death: 14 September 1942
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 54th Fighter Squadron, 343rd Fighter Group
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dewey E. Crowe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.