Dewey Calvin Murphy was the son of Parnick McCown Murphy and Christina Mae Conner. Grandparents: John Richard Murphy and Josephine Wise.
He enlisted on January 22, 1944, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA and overseas since August. He was killed in action in France while serving with the 377th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division, Company A
-There is a collection of letters sent home by Dewey Murphy and sympathy cards sent to his family after his death in the UT Special Collections.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 December 1924
- Date of death: 9 November 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 377th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dewey C. Murphy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.