Denvil Burgess was born on 8 December 1909 at Murphy, Cherokee County, North Carolina, to Zebedee Vance Burgess and Mary Ann Brannon. He married Cendie Davis in Blount County, TN on 7 November 1941.
He died non battle at Port Townsend, Jefferson, Washington due to an accident.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 December 1909
- Date of death: 25 February 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Alcoa
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 41st Armored Infantry
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clarks Grove Cemetery, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Denvil Burgess
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.