Delmas Gene Hayes
Born 25 January 1933
Private First Class Delmas Hayes died in action in Korea, April 6, 1953.
He was the son of Horace Hayes of Rutledge and had two sisters, Helen and Eileen. His grandparents were W.N. Hayes, Thorn Hill and Sam Mallicoate, Bean Station.
Funeral services were held May 10, 1953 at Cedar Springs Church in Grainger County. He is buried at the family cemetery, Thorn Hill, TN. Rutledge Post of the American Legion was in charge of military honors at the graveside.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 January 1933
- Date of death: 6 April 1953
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Rutledge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 519th M.P. Battalion
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Family cemetery, Thorn Hill, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Delmas G. Hayes
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.