Private Delma “Red” Smith was the son of Sam Venoia Smith and Mary Pearl Smith of Rogersville, Hawkins County, TN. He had 9 siblings: Thelma, Alma, Roy, Frances, Hazel, Bobbie, Sam Jr., Bitsy, and Allen.
Delma died non battle. He was initially buried at Brookwood Cemetery at London, England and was re-buried at Cambridge Cemetery in England, plot D, row 7, grave 91. He was with the 195 FA BN.
Private Smith comes from a family that has long served and is still serving this country proudly in all branches of the Military except the Coast Guard.
Submitted by his great niece, Annette Fields
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 31 October 1918
- Date of death: 10 April 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 195th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Delma Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.