Private Dawn Windell Phillips was born on November 17, 1892 in Clinton, Tennessee. Prior to serving in the military, he lived and worked in Mechanicsville, Iowa. He was employed as a farm laborer by William Blanche. During his service in World War I, Private Phillips served in Company F, 313th Infantry Regiment. He died of disease in Hericourt, France on October 13, 1918. He is buried at Bethel Baptist Cemetery in Norris, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 November 1892
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 313th Ammunition Train
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethel Baptist Cemetery, Norris, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dawn W. Phillips
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.