Davis King Summers was born 31 January 1887, Shelby, North Carolina
Medical Corps, 18th Infantry, 1st Division.
He was killed in action 1 March 1918 by shell fire at Ansauville in France, March 1, 1918. He received two citations. His body was brought back from France and buried in the National Cemetery. The American Legion Post in Chattanooga is named for him. He attended Middlesboro, KY, High School, Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Atlanta Medical College in 1915 and GA-12 Atlanta School of Medicine, Atlanta in 1913.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 31 January 1887
- Date of death: 1 March 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Medical Corps, 18th Infantry, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Awards: Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Elmwood Cemetery, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, NC
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Davis K. Summers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.