David VanCott Radcliffe
Second Lieutenant Radcliffe was a member of Company G, 2nd Battalion, 65th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. He was listed as Missing in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on February 6, 1952. He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
Photo courtesy of Constance VanCott Radcliffe Daly who states that it was taken at the family home on Gratz Street, Knoxville, TN.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 27 March 1928
- Date of death: 6 February 1952
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 65th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David V. Radcliffe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.