Lance Corporal David Lynn Bell was born on April 4, 1948, and was originally from Kingston, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Marine Corps, as a rifleman in A Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division. His tour in Vietnam began on November 9, 1968. On June 8, 1968, LCpl. Bell was killed by an explosive device under hostile conditions in Quang Nam province, South Vietnam; he was 21 years old at the time of his death. LCpl. Bell is buried at Kingston Memorial Gardens in Kingston, Tennessee, and is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 23W, Line 109.
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 4 April 1948
- Date of death: 8 June 1969
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Kingston
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Kingston Memorial Gardens, Kingston, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David L. Bell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.