David Houston Grisham was born on 30 July 1923 in Etowah, Tennessee to Oscar James Grisham and Brazle Morira Loveday.
Buried at Green Hill Cemetery, Etowah, TN
Corporal Grisham was a member of the 17th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 25 Feb. 1951
Cpl. David H. Grisham, 27, son of Mr. and Mrs. T.O. Grisham of Etowah was killed in action in Korea on Jan. 20, the Department of Defense has informed his parents. Cpl. Grisham was serving with the 17th Infantry DIvision of the Seventh Army. He is survived by his parents; five brothers, Chan and Ross of Washington, D.C., Howard and Otto of Etowah and Jack of Canton, Ga.; three sisters, Mrs. Ray Johnson and Mrs. Fred Long of Etowah and Mrs. Emerson Carver of Corbin, Ky.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 30 July 1923
- Date of death: 20 January 1951
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Etowah
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Green Hill Cemetery, Etowah, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David H. Grisham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.