Pvt David Frank Bible died non Battle
The Greenville Sun, June 4, 1942
David Frank Bible, first Greene Countian definitely know to have given his life in defense of his country in World War No. II. He was killed in the Far East on May 28, 1942.
He was the 20-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. A.F. Bible of Rader. He volunteered for service with the Air Corps on May 14, 1941. He had been with the 49th Pursuit Squadron as a machine gunner for five months.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 November 1921
- Date of death: 28 May 1943
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 5th Fighter Communications, 8th Pursuit Squadron, 49th Photo-Reconnaissance Group
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David F. Bible
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.