David Duane Townsend was born in 1919 in Maryville to William Filmore Townsend and Myrtle Irene Fagala. He had a brother Orin Wesley Townsend and a sister Dorothy Aileen Townsend. He enlisted on December 5, 1941, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA and was reported missing while on duty somewhere off the coast of Florida.
He is memorialized at East Coast Memorial in New York, NY and at the Hillsboro Memorial Cemetery in Brandon, Florida.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 14 November 1919
- Date of death: 25 March 1943
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 17th Anti-Submarine Squadron
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: East Coast Memorial, New York
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David D. Townsend
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.