Seaman David Crockett Quarrels was born 22 February 1900 to James McRussell and Sarah A. Maples Quarrels, in Sevier County, TN. Quarrels was shipped aboard the USS Pastores AF-16, a troop transport. He fell overboard between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. while his vessel was at sea and was drowned. He died on 30 December 1918 and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France.
- Rank: Seaman
- Date of birth: 22 February 1900
- Date of death: 30 December 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: U.S.S. Pastores
- Theater: Atlantic
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David C. Quarrels
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.