Sergeant David Clark Gordon, from Ten Mile, was born on November 10, 1920. He served in World War II and then enlisted on March 20, 1946 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia for service in Hawaii. In Korea, he was a member of Company D, 6th Medium Tank Battalion, 24th Infantry Division. He died of other non-hostile causes on February 1, 1951 at the 4th Field Hosptial at Taegu, South Korea. He is buried in Hornsby Chapel in Meigs County, Tennessee. Sergeant Gordon was awarded the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation, the Republic of Korea War Service Medal and the World War II Victory Medal.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 November 1920
- Date of death: 1 February 1951
- County: Meigs
- Hometown: Ten Mile
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal, and World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hornsby Chapel, Sweetwater, Meigs County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David C. Gordon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.