Private First Class Daniel H. Brown Jr was assigned to the 262nd Infantry Regiment, 66th Infantry Division. On 25th December 1944, the 66th Division was being transported across the English Channel to France aboard the Belgian Ship Leopoldville. It was struck by a torpedo from a German submarine and sank. 14 officers and 748 enlisted were lost.
He was killed in action in that sinking and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 25 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 262nd Infantry Regiment, 66th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Daniel H. Brown Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.