Deenah Rue McCurry, also listed as Deanah and Danah, died while a POW. McCurry was assigned to the US Naval Hospital, Canacao, Philippines, when the war began.
He is buried in plot A, row 15, grave 6, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Phillippines.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Russell O. McCurry Box 104, Erwin, TN.
Activity during WWII
Pharmacists mate. Captured in Philippines when Manila fell in early 1942. Maintained records of personnel captured at great risk to himself until he was killed by the Japanese in December 1944.
–Submitted by his sister, Fern M. Lavinder
- Rank: Pharmacists Mate Third Class
- Date of death: 22 December 1944
- County: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Deenah R. McCurry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.