Dan Guinn Feezel
Danny is listed as killed in air crash. He was killed on a classified mission. He was a door gunner in A 101, “Comancheros.” They were trying to rescue a SOG (Special Forces) team on the run in Laos. They were inserting another team. “Fizzy” was on the left side door gunner on the second chopper in the stick. The team they dropped off to rescue the first team was ambushed. They were coming back to try and extract them when Fizzy was hit in the head and instantly killed.
–Submitted by Michael Thomas
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 March 1948
- Date of death: 12 August 1970
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Wilmington, Illinois
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 101st Airborne Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Bronze Star Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart, Distinguished Flying Cross, National Defense Service Medal, viet Campaign Medal, viet Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hillcrest Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dan G. Feezell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.