Son of Esau and Dorcie Munger Eldridge, oldest of five children, born May 13, 1921. Killed in action and buried at sea in the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands on October 26, 1942. Enlisted June 4, 1941, in Chattanooga. Trained at Parris Island and went to Sea School in Portsmouth, VA, at the Norfolk Navy Yard.
Submitted by Mary Ellen Brennan
He is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines.
- Rank: Private 1st Class
- Date of birth: 13 May 1921
- Date of death: 26 October 1942
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Birchwood
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands
- Awards: Purple Heart, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign, American Defense Service Medal with Fleet Clasp, World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dalmos E. Eldridge