Private Creed I. Golliher, age 23, of Rockwood, Rt. 1, Mountain Road, enlisted in the United States Army in February 1943 and died in Belgium on September 26, 1944. He was serving with the US Army 60th Infantry, 9th Infantry Division. He had been overseas for 14 months. He was survived by parents, Mr. and Mrs. G.W. Will Golliher of Rockwood, five sisters, Mrs. Raymond Irwin, Mrs. Marian Hicks, Mrs. Wd Kindred, Mrs. Creed Russell, Mrs. Edwin Kindrick, and three brothers, Claude, Fred, and Carl. Funeral services were held 2 p.m. December 4, 1947, at Rockwood Baptist Church. He was interred in Oak Grove Cemetery in Rockwood.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 May 1923
- Date of death: 26 September 1944
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Rockwood
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Creed I. Golliher
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.