Coy (also Cay) Chambers was born on 8 August 1917, the son of Walter C. Chambers and Mary Ellen Cox. Husband of Vine Chambers. Brother of Pfc. Luther Chambers.
Died 1 April 1945 in Germany
Buried at Ladds Cemetery, Jasper, TN
Technician Fifth Class
157th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division, Company M
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 20 April 1945
Cpl. Chambers, whose wife is now employed at the Bell Bomber plant at Marietta, Ga., is the brother of Will, Arhtur and John Chambers of Chattanooga, J.B. Chambers of Jasper, Tennessee, and Mrs. Anna Mae Stencil of Chattanooga, and Mrs. Esther Dagley of Jasper, Tenn. Another brother, Pvt. Luther Chambers, died at FortBenning, Ga., and his parents died while he was overseas. He attended schools in Jasper, Tenn., and he had been overseras since May, 1943. He was killed in action on April 1.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 8 August 1917
- Date of death: 1 April 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Jasper
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 157th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ladds Cemetery, Jasper, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Coy Chambers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.