Clyde Carroll was born 25 October 1909
Died 4 July 1944
Buried at Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN
Private First Class
115th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division, Company K
Bristol Herald Courier, November 2, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. Clyde Carroll, whose body will arrive on the Tenenssean this morning, will be conducted in the chapel of the Paul Cook Funeral Home at 3 p.m.
Surviving Pfc Carroll are his widow, Mrs. Mary Rhymer Carroll, two sons, Clyde Eugene and Freddie Lee Carroll, Bristol. Also two brothers, Frank Carroll of Bristol and Don Carroll of Twin Bridge, Montana. He was killed in action in France July 4, 1944. The body will be removed to the home of mother and father-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Claude Rhymer, Holson Valley.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 October 1909
- Date of death: 4 July 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 115th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clyde Carroll
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.