Born in 1922
Enlisted on November 23, 1940, in the Army Air Corps in Fort McPherson, Atlanta, GA
He was assigned to Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry, 82nd Airborne Division. He was aboard C-47 #42-32918 (53d Troop Carrier Squadron, 61st Troop Carrier Group) when it was shot down by friendly fire from naval invasion forces during Operation MACKALL WHITE over Sicily.
Clinton G. Stevenson is buried at Jefferson Barracks, Missouri (82, 55B) together with Pvt. Robert E. Barnes, T/5 Richard O. Bartow, S/Sgt Vernon D. Best, Pfc. Charles A. Clevenger, T/5 Newton L. Crane, Pvt Russell W. Devore, Pfc. John C. Durham, F/O John Ehnot, T/5 Adrian J. Fillion, 2nd Lt Arnold R. Froom, Cpl John G. Guba, Pvt Alex Hardridge, 2nd Lt Hugh A. Henderson, Pfc Joseph Kopstein, Pfc Henry J. Kobak, T/4 Delmer C. Morrow, Pvt Clarence W. Schwark, Pfc Wilbert D. Sheffield, Sgt Albert G. Singleton and 1st Lt Hubert H. Washburn.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 11 July 1943
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clinton G. Stevenson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.