Private First Class Clifton R. Foster was born on May 29, 1922, the son of Author Edgar Foster and Dora Alice Flanagan. He had two brothers in the service, Arthur Franklin Foster and Lloyd Edgar Foster. Clifton Foster enlisted in the military on July 8, 1943 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He was killed in action on August 15, 1944 in Italy.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 29 May 1922
- Date of death: 15 August 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Heiskell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 180th Infantry Regiment, Company B
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zion Hill Cemetery, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifton R. Foster
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.