Clifford Lee Jenkins was born on 23 July 1930
Corporal Jenkins was a member of Company B, 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 842.
Cpl. Clifford L. Jenkins, 21, son of Mrs. Ruth Belcher, 3710 Carl Avenue, was killed in action in the fighting in Korea Nov. 5, his mother has been notified. Cpl. Jenkins was serving with Company B, Seventh Army here about nine months ago and was sent to Korea last August. He attended Chattanooga Vocational School and, before entering the army, he had been employed at the Tennessee Red Cedal Mills Here. He is survived by his mother; a stepfather, S.T. Belcher; a sister, Mrs. Minnie Kate Winchester, and a brother, Donald Joe Jenkins, all of Chattanooga.
The Chattanooga TImes, Februart 17, 1952
The body of Cpl. Clifford L. Jenkins, 21 arrived here yesterday. Funeral services will be held at the Boulevard Baptist Church. Burial will be in National Cemetery.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 23 July 1930
- Date of death: 5 November 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford L. Jenkins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.