Clifford Howard Taylor
Born 3 March 1921
Died 16 August 1944 in France
Kingsport Times News, 27 March 1949
Pvt Clifford Taylor
Funeral service will be held at Locust Grove Church Sunday for Pvt Clifford H. Taylor, whose body arived in Johnson City Thursday from overseas.
The Rev. R.R. Hankins and the Rev. George Westmoreland will officate. Burial will be in the church cemetery with King’s Mountain Post No. 24, American Legion, of Johnson City in charge of military honors at the grave.
Private Taylor, son of Will Taylor, Piney Flats Route 2, was 23 at the time of his death. He enlisted January 29, 1940 and went overseas in June 1943, serving with the Sixth Cavalry. He was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart.
In addition to his father, survivors include two sister, Mrs. Lester Hyatt, Kingsport and Miss Marie Taylor, Austin Springs, and two brothers, Bill,
Johnson City and Stanley Taylor, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 March 1921
- Date of death: 16 August 1944
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 6th Cavalry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Locust Grove Cemetery, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford H. Taylor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.