Clifford Eugene Gothard was born on 19 November 1930 to Harry Gothard and Ruby Johnson.
Sergeant First Class Gothard was a member of the 32nd Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea. Buried at Johnson Cemetery, Hixson, TN.
The Chattanooga Times, December 2, 1951
Funeral services for Sgt. (1st cl.) Clifford E. Gothard, 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Gothard of Hixson, will ben held today at the Mile Straight Baptist Church. Sgt. Gothard was killed in action last January in Korea. Sgt. Gothard is survived by his parents; two brothers, J.H. and Earl Gothard, Hixson; two sisters, Mrs. Nina M. Yother and Miss Charlotte Gothard, Hixson, and two grandfathers, Henry Johnson and J.L. Gothard.
- Rank: Sergeant First Class
- Date of birth: 19 November 1930
- Date of death: 14 January 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Hixson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Johnson Cemetery, Hixson, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford Gothard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.