Private First Class Clifford B. Hyder was a paratrooper in C Battery, 376th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion, 82nd Airborne Division. C Battery participated in operation Husky II (11 July 1943) in Sicily. Pfc. Hyder was killed by friendly fire. His body was found in an orchard near Scoglitti. He was initially buried in Paestum Cemetery, Mont Soprano, Italy. He was later buried in the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy, H, 10, 19.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 11 July 1943
- County: Carter
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 376th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford B. Hyder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.