Gunners Mate 3rd Class Cleve James Lawson was transferred from the U.S.S. Ingraham to the U.S.S. Wyoming on 15 June 1942 for gun schooling and then transferred back to the U.S.S. Ingraham on 30 June 1942. He died on 22 August 1942 and was officially declared dead on 23 August 1943.
He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at the East Coast Memorial Cemetery, New York.
Mother: Mrs. Gillie Lewis, Elizabethton, TN.
- Rank: Gunnersmate Third Class
- Date of death: 22 August 1943
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Ingraham
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: East Coast Memorial, New York, NY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleve J. Clawson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.