Cleve Hobart Carver was born 23 April 1916 – Cocke County, Tennessee
Died 25 March 1945
Son of Cornelius Carver and Dovie
Husband of Gardie Lucille Evans Carver as of 22 August 1936; father of Herman Reece Carver
Brother of Lewis, Myrtle, Arvis, Arnest and Roy
Enlisted at Camp Shelby, Mississippi on 12 March 1944.
414th Infantry Regiment, 104th Infantry Division, E Company. (Timberwolf Division)
He is buried at the Catons Grove United Methodist Church Cemetery, Cosby, Cocke County, Tennessee.
Plain Talk and Tribune, August 15, 1949
The body of Pfc. Cleve H. Carver is to arrive in Newport Wednesday, August 17, at 4:54 p.m. Pfc Carver was born April 23, 1916 and went into the service in 1944. He was killed in action March 25, 1945 in Germany. The survivers are. Mother, Mrs. Dorcie Carver, Cosby; Brothers Arvis Carver, Cosby: Lewis of North Carolina and Wesley of Daytona Beach, Fla. Children, Herman and Wanda Carver, Cosby.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 April 1916
- Date of death: 25 March 1945
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Cosby
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 414th Infantry Regiment, 104th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Catons Grove United Methodist Church Cemetery, Cosby, Cocke County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleve H. Carver
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.