Born 15 June 1921, Lenoir City, Loudon County, TN
Died non Battle 9 July 1945 in Regionsburg, Germany
Buried at Lenoir City Cemetery, TN
93rd Signal Battalion, Signal Corps, Company C
Son of Frank and Emma Ratledge
Enlisted – 14 November 1942, Ft. Oglethorpe, GA
Lenoir City News, April 11, 1949
Taps sounded Sunday afternoon for Pvt. Cletis Radledge age 24, whose remains arrived here Saturday. Pvt. Ratledge died in Regionsburg, Germany, July 19, 1945. At the time of his death he was serving with the Army Signal Corps. Last rites were held from the First Baptist Church and interment was in the City Cemetery with members from the American Legion Post No. 70 in charge of services.
Surviving are half-brothers Junior and Herbert Ratledge and Robert Bates. Half-sister, Miss Marrie Ratledge. Pvt. Latledge is the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Frank Ratledge.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 June 1921
- Date of death: 9 July 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 93rd Signal Battalion, Signal Corps
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cletis F. Ratledge
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.