After enlisting for military service in the U.S. Army, he was assigned to Company M, 117th Infantry, 30th Division. Stationed at Camp Sevier, SC, for training until he went overseas May 11, 1918. Took part in all actions of his unit until October 18, 1918, on which day he was killed.
Cleo Morris was born in Rockwood, TN. He was killed in action at the age of 18 and is buried in plot D, row 20, grave 9, Somme American Cemetery, Bony France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 January 1901
- Date of death: 18 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company M, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleo Morris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.