Cleo Shuler was returned from Carano, Italy. He was buried on September 28, 1948, in Knoxville National Cemetery (Section B Plot 6441).
When Cleo H. Shuler was born on January 7, 1922, in Tennessee, his father, Joseph, was 28 and his mother, Margaret, was 26. He married Mary Mynett on November 25, 1941, in Loudon, Tennessee. He died on March 29, 1944, at the age of 22.
Cleo H. Shuler was born on January 7, 1922, in Tennessee to Margaret Talitha Shuler Humphries, age 26, and Joseph E. Shuler, age 28. Cleo H.’s brother Carl H. was born about 1926, in Tennessee when Cleo H. was 4 years old. Cleo H.’s brother Burl E. was born about 1929 in Tennessee when Cleo H. was 7 years old. Cleo H. Shuler lived in Knox County, Tennessee, in 1935.
Cleo H. Shuler married Mary Mynett Shuler on November 25, 1941, in Loudon, Tennessee, when he was 19 years old. He lived in Blount County, Tennessee, on June 19, 1942.
He enlisted in the Army on October 3, 1942, in Camp Croft, South Carolina, during World War II. He was 20 years old. He was in Company D, 35th Infantry 351st Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 January 1922
- Date of death: 29 March 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 351st Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleo H. Shuler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.